Social entrepreneur. Engagement consultant.
Hi, I’m Catalin.
I started this blog as my personal discovery engine for meaningful knowledge. The blog will be updated several times a week and it will focus on social entrepreneurship, the arts, creativity, design, innovation and a bit of my life in London.
For those of you who do not know me (that well), this list of six should get you up to speed. Brace yourself, the truth is coming!
1. I am a social entrepreneur, creative consultant and project manager by day with experience in initiating, promoting, managing, implementing and developing cross-sector cultural event programmes and projects;
2. I was born and raised in Bucharest, Romania until my curiosity and need for change* brought me to London. (*ok, I’m going to be honest here. Actually I came to London to be with my girlfriend as we had enough of our two-year long distance relationship that we had). London has been my home since 2011;
3. I love music and Vanilla Sky (not in that particular order). Einstein would’ve said that this is a clear sign of insanity because I tend to do the same things (i like) over and over while still expecting a different result. I like to call it creativity.
4. I find it literally impossible to not be happy when eating good food (yes, London made me realise what a foodie I am);
5. I started to do some travelling in the last 5 years but still didn’t manage to go outside of Europe. Challenge accepted.
6. The quote that I always find to be very inspiring is “It was in love I was created and in love is how I hope I die” and belongs to Paolo Nutini. Who said they don’t write deep lyrics anymore?!
You can say hello at catalin.parascan [at] gmail.com
Enjoy your time here and in case I don’t see you: good afternoon, good evening and good night – The Truman Show